Orlando, Florida, Government Contract Fraud Lawyers
The U.S. government is the world's largest bureaucracy. Government rules are so complex that companies sometimes unwittingly violate laws and commit fraud. Others find it tempting to bend rules with the hope that activity will go unnoticed. Once fraud charges are leveled, legal processes become confusing, and dealing with the large, slow and often inefficient federal legal process can be difficult for small-, medium- and even large-size firms.
At the Orlando, Florida, criminal defense law firm of Leventhal & Slaughter, LLC we are skilled at navigating federal and state legal processes. Members of our attorney team served for decades with the United States Department of Justice and the United States Attorney's Office. We have handled dozens of cases involving government contract fraud, and have won numerous acquittals for accused clients. Have you or your company been accused of defrauding the government based on:
- Falsifying test reports?
- Giving false statements?
- Over billing?
- Bribery, tax fraud or tax evasion?
- Supplying fraudulent services?
- Medicare fraud?
- Falsifying audits?
Our proprietary computer and document management system allows us to handle even the largest and most complex cases involving tens of thousands of documents. Recent cases we have handled:
- Our client manufactured bombs, and used "spare" fuses from another bomb product on a new bomb product. The fuses endangered military personnel and should have been designed and manufactured specifically for the new product. We managed all negotiations between our client and the government.
- Our client was a vendor with the federal space program, and was accused of falsifying test reports and of making false statements. Our representation led to a full acquittal.
- Our client constructed levees for the United States Army Corps of Engineers, and was accused of fraud. After a full investigation we proved that several officials from the Army Corps of Engineers engaged in misconduct. The government ceased its investigation and our client was cleared of all allegations.
If you have questions regarding government contract fraud and criminal defense, contact our firm for a free initial consultation. We accept credit cards, are available for evening and weekend appointments, and are conveniently located in downtown Orlando within walking distance of the federal and state courthouses. To contact us, call 407-849-6161.